Saturday 14 July 2007

Tour Guide

These few days have been very busy, tiring but enjoying period for me. Here, I want to extend my apologies to Mr. Kenin Loong for being late to reply his cbox. For the past few weeks, I have been complaining to my cousin that it was very bored staying in the house for few days (should be two weeks actually). But now, I really hoped that I will be staying at my home for at least one whole day. I need a rest.

Anyway, what have been keeping me occupied with for the past few days?? Well, it's all just being a so-called tour guide for Kent Onn's girlfriend, Vata and the other girl, Susan who just came to Perth for further studies. Kent Onn is my badminton circle of friend, met him only when we played badminton, but we were quite close. We have been walking around from 9am to 5pm. It was very tiring. But I was able to go to lots of places by my own which I never been there. Although I have been in Perth for almost five months now, I still not really clear with lots of things, like where are the tourism attractions, what bus number should I take, where are the bus stops. My cousin, Jonathan had been asking me to go to city to tour because I haven't finish walking the city. I went to city twice or thrice in one semester. It gave me an impression that it was just few rows of shops, like the Northbridge, but difference is that Northbridge has more Asian stuff.

But after being asked by Kent Onn to look after both of them, so I need to bring them around, telling them what they should do. Being a blessing for others since I know how is it like if you first come to Perth without friends or relatives, not as lucky as I am who have a cousin staying here for almost four years now, telling me what to do, which is the best handphone network to choose (we have lots of network here - Telstra, Optus, 3, Virgin, Vodaphone), internet at home (Telstra, iinet, amnet......), what bus to take to certain places(72,34,99,98,75,555,898,878......), and all kind of different important things.

Although I have been in Perth for few months, I am still not really clear with tourism attractions and in particular what type of bus should I take. So, by being the "tour-guide", I met some difficulties as well. Thank God that He gave me ways out. First problem, will be trapping in the city finding a 72 bus stop. We went to one bus stop, but the 72 bus only arrived one hour later. I didn't feel like waiting because Vata them still got lots of stuff need to be done in Carousel. I never sat a bus from city to carousel because normally I went to carousel straight from my house. I called my friend for what number of bus should I take. But it turned out to be the same bus that I took from Curtin to Carousel. We looked around the city walking a big big round, just to find another 72 bus stop where the bus reaches earlier than the first one, but we couldn't find any bus stop. So, at the end, we need to return to our first bus stop and waited for few minutes. It was also tiring in the bus because it traveled from city to Curtin, then to Carousel again(a long long way). So, we were all very tired by the time we reached Carousel. Exact feeling - hungry, tired, thirsty because we have not taken our breakfast and lunch yet when it was already 3.30pm.

Second problem, we went to sit the Yellow Cat, one whole round to tour around Perth. For your information, there are Yellow Cat, Blue Cat, and Red Cat running in the city. These cats are free of charge and they travel to East, West and North Perth. So, we decided to sit in one of them for sight seeing since we have lots of time. But, in the cat, the driver reached the end of the stop and there were still like 10 people in the cat. So, the bus driver asked us where we want to go actually, but actually all of the 10 people were just sitting there for sight seeing. So, the bus driver told us that if we want to sight seeing, we should actually stop at one of the cat stop and walked to the opposite cat stop for another cat to return. So, finally and luckily, the bus driver drove us back to perth city centre.

Beside the "misleading" part, I too enjoyed myself. my impression to the city and Northbridge is totally out! It actually has lots of place to tour. Beside rows of shops in the city, we were able to come across to the bank, WA printing centre, Curtin Business School Perth Campus(instead of Bentley campus) and lots more. I also came across with the WA Museum, WA state library and Art Gallery in the Northbridge. I believe I still have lots more things to discover. It's true that in the bible said that when you give blessing to others, you yourself are blessed too. Amen?! Yea, well, in these so-called-tour-guide days, I came across lots of new stuff and most importantly I made two new friends! It's fate maybe, that I am now very close with these two friends although we just met like one week? I will truly keep this friendship that I have made for the past few days.













Susan and Vata in front of the Government Printing Office.













Me and Susan in front of Curtin University of Technology Perth Campus.

















Me in London Bridge.

















Me in another view of London Bridge.













Jack, my cousin from Labuan came on Monday joined us in our sight-seeing tours.
















The girls in Northbridge area.













Western Australia Museum.













Me in front of the Art Gallery













Me, Susan and Vata in front of the State Library of Western Australia.

1 comment:

Sabrina Woon said...

LOL..

The state lib in vic looks nicer..hehe