Wednesday 18 July 2007

Fremantle Trip

Today was my first time to Fremantle. I went together with Susan. Vata had to stay back to study for her supp while Kent Onn stayed back with her. This was my first time and Susan's as well. So, basically, is just like going to somewhere where we don't even know what or where to go. But luckily, in the train I met an uncle, who is Pastor Patrick's (Zion's pastor) father-in-law. I did not know him at first. But after chatting then I know who he is. He was with his family that time, with two active sons. Well, in the train, I saw the difference on how an Asian and an Aussie bring up their kids. Asians tend to be more protective. They do not let their children do things which might harm themselves(like walking around in the train, because the kids may fall down if the train stops), but Aussies tend to let go. They make their children learn from mistakes.

When we reached Fremantle after almost an hour trip, my first thought was "Wow! I love this place. I want to stay here if I work in Perth next time. Good place to live!" Fremantle is like a small town, dealing with more marine stuff and port because it is just along the coast. The first thing that we did when we reached there was hoping into the Fremantle cat(F.O.C) to tour around Fremantle. The shops were smaller and lower, with lots of museums. After sitting in the cat for one round, we decided to start with shopping. The first shop that attracts me is the spice shop. Lots of people inside. So, we just went in and see. Besides spice, they sell lots of coffee bean, rice, beans...... All were in sacks. I bought the homemade marshmallows. Nice one, soft, fresh but very sweet.













This is the Esplande park in Fremantle. Favourable for picnic and relaxing.

Fremantle is also famous for its fish and chips. The uncle that I met in the train recommended us Kailis and Cicerello's. How do we go there? Well, we just asked around and walked according to the directions given. Without them, we will lost in no where. We tried Kailis at first because the uncle said that Kailis is better. The uncle even taught us how to order (two pieces of fish instead of two meals because the chips are really too many). $10.40 for two pieces of fish.













Picture of me outside Kailis.

After eating, it was still very early because Susan and I planned to watch sunset before we go home. So, we walked around and saw the Marine museum. We went in and looked around.













Outside of the Marine Museum.













In the Marine Museum.













One of the cabins in the olden ship in the museum.













The pulley used during the olden times.

After visiting the museum, I found out that Fremantle is a bit like Malacca. Lots of traders came here and no wonder there was so many people in the spice shop that I went just now. After the museum, Susan decided that we just sat on the bench in the Esplanade Park and watched the nature. I love the park. It is so beauty.













Susan and the harbour













Me with the "fisherman" and bucket of fish.













Me along the jetty













Me with another "fisherman"













It was almost sunset. So, we went to eat again in Cicerello's. $11.45 for one fish & chips. After trying two of the famous shop, I prefer Cicerello's because the fish is thicker. Full with protein and fat today. Besides Poly, Susan is the only one that watched sunset together with me. We just met for exactly a week today, but seem like we had done lots of things and have been very close friends. We even started to share our inner thoughts. Thank God for sending me friends from Miri because He knows I miss Miri too much and had been bored for the past two weeks. I truly appreciate this friendship.













Fish & Chips and crab meat in Cicerello's













The harbour at night. Before we started to ask around for train station, we managed to get Baskin Robbin.

On our way home, we reached Oats Street Station. We had to transit bus back to Curtin in that station, but the bus will come only after half an hour. I was so tired that I did not want to wait anymore. So, I just called Avison to come and pick me up. While waiting for Avison, there was one guy came to me & Susan and start talking to us. This was basically our conversation:

Stranger: Hey, where are you from?
Sheron: Malaysia
Stranger: Oh, Malaysia. I like one of the traditional dish there. It consists of prawn, fish, chicken, beef and is cooked by snake egg.
Sheron: Snake egg? Susan, what is that dish?
Susan: *thinks* Oh, maybe is a kind of cold dish.
Sheron to stranger: Oh, I don't know which kind of dish are you talking about.
Stranger: Oh, is cooked by snake egg.
Sheron: *keep quiet*
Stranger: *laugh* Do you believe in yourself, Jesus, Islam, Buddhism, Hindus, Taoism.........
Sheron: *look at the stranger again* Oh, I believe in Jesus.
Stranger: Jesus?? *Then, he started to talk things in the bible - Old Testament, Prophets......*
Sheron: Oh..
Stranger:**continue with his 'airy' talk**
Sheron (realised Susan had been quiet and looking at other places instead of the guy anymore): *look at Susan - Oh no!! Is he drunk??*
Susan: *look at me and smile*
Stranger:*Goes on with his talk* So, when do you think Jesus will come again?
Sheron:*Oh no, he is definitely drunk.. God saves me!!* Erm.. Not sure..

By that time, Avison's car came. Thank God I am saved! I quickly get my bag and ran into the car. In the car, I complained to Avison. Avison told me that the place is very very dangerous at night and told me not to take the train back the next time I come back from city if it is already dark.

Later at night, Susan chat with me and said that I looked freak out just now. Susan said that just now the guy is really near to us and she said she almost hit the guy if he walk one more step nearer. But I still need to thank God that I am saved finally.

1 comment:

Sabrina Woon said...

I remember the fish n chip place.. been there before.. love the seagulls..haha