Sunday 15 July 2007

Cooking!

Sheron started to love cooking and baking. I used to be a young girl who does not really know how to cook and only can cook maggie mee, fried egg, and rice. All because I scared of fire and heat. But now I enjoyed cooking meals, baking biscuits, making desserts and lots more. It's all starting because I have an electrical stove at home in Perth and have all the kitchen I want. Besides, you seriously need to know how to cook to be able to survive in Perth. It is so much cheaper compared with you eating outside. So, since I was bored for the past two weeks, one of the easiest thing that I have made is "tang yuan", plus it was also my favourite. I only get to eat these "tang yuan" in my grandma's house in december during "dong zhi". Maybe is like what people said, the lesser chance you get to eat them, the more you love it. It is very easy to make.

First, you need glutinous rice flour.












Second, mix the glutinous rice flour with certain amount of water depends how you would like the "tang yuan" to be. The more spongy you want it to be, the lesser water you need to add. The softer you want, the more water you need to add.













Then, roll the glutinous flour into small balls. Do not roll too big because it will expand when you throw it into the boiling water.













Then, add ginger or pandan leaves(optional) into the boiling water. Don't forget to add sugar or else it will be tasteless.













Finally, it is cooked. Chinese tradition: Eat the number of tang yuan as your age next year. If you are 20 years old this year, eat 21s of them.













My cute small tang yuan!









No comments: