Sunday 15 July 2007

Growing in God's way

Now I look back, I found myself changing and transforming into new and higher level in the way God really wants. It's time to reposition myself.

I used to be a young girl who did not really care about cell group. In Miri, VCF will be our cell group which we will normally joined. Starting from the first year I was in Miri, Sabrina used to ask me to go along with her to cell group. But that time I was thinking, I need the time to study, need time to finish my homework, plus the cell was every Wednesday(during the weekday = busy time). I used to give people lots of excuse. But now I realised, it was not what I should explain to people, but is that God really cares and He wants you to spend some time with Him everyday. Even though it is a short 10 minutes quiet time, He is still satisfied with it. My second year, I started to join all the celebrations(combined cell held twice in a week on Friday). I tried not to miss any of them, even though I was busy. Like for once, I had CUTEC photography session at 12.30pm and celebration started at 12pm, I still went to the celebration although after 20 minutes, I had to leave. I was just satisfied with it although I only went there and sang few worship songs.

But from the first semester I went to Perth, I started to go to every cell group. I found that cell group is the place that I can grow faster and meet people. That is the place where we, brothers and sisters in Christ got closer, stronger friendship. There I met Stella(my best friend), Priscilla (Cell-Mummy), and Joanne (Cell-Leader). I viewed my cell group as my second home. That is the only place where I can find true love and "true" people. I just look forward to every weekend because that is the time when we can meet again. It is so nice to be back with each other, catching up with each other. I just like this kind of feeling. In between that, I also realise one important thing - we, Christians are lived to serve God and people.

Now, second semester starting soon. I have been raised from a normal member to a core member, getting more and more involvement in God's ministry. A core member is like sub-leader who in-charges of different sections like games, words, vision sharing, refreshment, transport and lots more. One important thing is core member have to speak God's words, preaching in particular. Wow! That scares me. I never do it before, but I will just do my best. Like my vision sharing, I never do stuff like that, but Joanne suddenly asked me to do it, sharing about prayer. What I said that night I have put in my first blog entry. Yea, I really didn't know what I should say. But I researched in the internet and made a summary. Although that night, I talked like giving speech, but I realised my weakness, which is I need to give more interactive like ask more questions or give more practical stuff, or even personal testimony. Well, that is basically what a core member do, that I have observed last semester. Don't really understand it yet, wait till I have my first core member meeting on Monday night, then I will keep you guys update, ok?

Beside all these, I have joined the curtin orientation this semester. At first, I joined it for my sake. I want to visit Margaret River's wine factory and chocolate factory, where you get to try all the wine you want and eat all the freshly made chocolate you like. Sound interesting right? That is what attracts me to join the orientation volunteer because I missed last semester as I was here only during the second week. I wanted to make up. But wait, today I went to Orientation Prayer Meeting. I realised one thing. I joined the orientation is not for my sake! Orientation is a great opportunity to do God's commision - to go and reach out. Therefore go and make disciples of ALL nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.(Matt28:19) Well, I dropped tears in the prayer meeting. God, I am scared to go out and reach people. I just don't know how to. I never do so and I don't have the ability to outreach to people yet. But inside me, a small voice came - "Just promise me you will do your best and I will lead you through". Ok, straight then, I promised Him I will do my best and I realised what I need to do is just treat people with a sincere heart and invite them to all the functions that our church has held, like Zion Food Fest, Freshies Welcome and Grace ball. There are lots of lost soul out there. The harvest is great, but the workers are few. So, we, as one body in Christ should be united to fight the darkness. We are all soldiers of God and must therefore keep the fighting spirit. Never give up. Face them and persevere on.

Another problem popped up in the prayer meeting. I admit I cannot pray as good or as long as the others pray, but I believe that God looks not only on the words we pray(He knows what we want to pray anyway), but God looks into our heart. I used to escape from this few times. In church, sometimes we were asked to pray for the person beside. Last time, I normally would just ask the person to pray and then I told him that I don't know how to pray. I remembered once, in baptism class, Soon Kong asked me to pray in front of 6 people. I told Soon Kong that I cannot pray in public and he let me off. Now I can pray, although I'll still feel stress and nervous, but I will still pray out loud, even in front of 15 people in my cell. Everyone was praying eagerly in the meeting just now, points by points. Voices got louder and louder. Well, what I did was just prayed all the points, and continued with my prayer in tongues as praying in tongues help you to continue praying when you do not know what to say or to pray. Praying in tongues let God knows everything you want.

All in all, orientation is not for my sake anymore, but is for God's sake, to draw more people to His kingdom. We are the fishermen. Tomorrow is my first day of orientation. I am still a bit scared now. I seriously don't know how to outreach! But I'll try. Everyone will have their first time, right? So, don't forget to pray for me and the people out there for open hearts yea.

Well, for your information, our church has done quite a lot of stuff just for the orientation. Organising Food Fest(Mamak Night), Opening booth giving lots of refreshments, wii games, Gelare night, Bringing new students to rock climbing, bowling, badminton, Freshie welcome(with lunch provided, dance, choir......) and lots more full of fun activities. So, look forward to see you new people!

No comments: