Friday 22 June 2007

God's blessings

These two days I have been home "alone" again. But there are two things which make me happy and I want to share it here.

First, I have wanted a working permit so eagerly but it failed everytime I tried. So, it took me three days to just online applying for a working permit. So, I expect I'll only start searching for jobs two/three weeks after because it takes time for the application to process. But who knows they sent me an email informing me that my work permit has already been approved which took only 1 day! Thank God for that. Next, I'll just have to go out and look for jobs. My first destination will be on Monday - McDonald at Vic Park. Pray for me that I'll get the job. Boring being home alone.

Second, I received an application letter for the John Curtin Leadership Academy, which will take 1 year. It chooses the potential students to join. But I'll need to apply again because they want the best out of the best. Although, it's not sure that I'll get into that academy yet, but I want to thank God for all the opportunities that He has given to me all these while.

First, it will be the Intel Science Camp, which only three of us (Darren, Samuel and I) chosen by the school to join. Only one school out of 15 high school in Labuan went for that camp. I'm not trying to boast myself here, but I just truly appreciate God for He has chosen me out of so many people. That was a three-days camp held in Beaufort, beach side hotel (forgot what name). In that camp, I learnt a lot of things. I got to meet lots of professors from the local university and got to organise a small science fair where we have to invent something and promote it to the visitors. I could remember that our group came out with the idea that tomatoes can cast away mosquitoes. We made an "experiment" by putting one person in the jungle without tomato puree and one with tomato puree. We counted the mosquito bites for both of them and it was really less for the one with tomato puree. I never know that tomatoes can cast away mosquitoes. Though our group is not the best one, but I learnt a lot of things on how to write an engineering report with abstract. I was in Form 5 when I learnt all these.

Second, is the Program Latihan Khidmat Negara(PLKN). A young girl who sticks to her home so much that she doesn't want to leave her cosy house, but God picked her for the PLKN. In that three months camp, I learnt a lot of things. One of them is to be able to be independent, although now I still misses home a lot but not as badly as the first day I went into the camp. In that camp, I got to do lots of things which I'll never do in my life if not because of this camp. Well, I got to swim in the river and enjoyed it. Staying in the jungle for one day without shower is the second valuable memory. To be crazy for God where every Sunday we have to get up by 4am to go to BCCM where the service start at 7.30am.

Now, there is this John Curtin Leadership Academy. Though it's not sure yet whether I'll get pick, but I truly want to get chosen so that I can glorify God's name. But it will be His will whether He wants me to get into the academy. Well, this Leadership Academy will take up one year and I'll have to pay for $200. Guess someone will ask me, why get chosen and still need to pay for it. The reason they want us to pay is to make sure that we are serious about going to the Academy's event, and to purchase consumables for these events. Basically, I'll be trained to be leaders of the world. The outcomes from this program will be self-awareness and self management, fund raising skills, sustainability, project management, communication, facilitation and dispute management. One of the best parts of this experience is that I'll meet people who are focussed, ready to achieve and above all, ready to have fun! I'll also make valuable contacts. As well as the other Academy participants, which could be venerable who's who of the student population of Curtin in its own right, I could meet the Head of HR in a multi-national Australian owned Mining Corporation, civil engineering firm and recruiters for government agencies.

Despite all these, I need to thank my heavenly Father.. Thank Him for all these blessings. Thank you, God.

2 comments:

Poly Jr. said...

Wow, Now i really feel very small, haha. Ur goals and aspirations are admirable, sweety. I wish u luck on achieving them and i wanna let u know how proud i am of u. Keep it up!!!

Sabrina Woon said...

I'm really proud of you eh Sheron! Hehehe.. seeing you grown so much in your relationship with God and how you want to glorify God's name. *So touched*