Monday 15 October 2007

Lab is not a rush!

Starting the day with a very good mood after calling my mum and ending with a very very bad mood after a just-two-hours lab, although it normally takes three hours.

What ruins my mood?? In our lab today which is on kinetics, a lab which is easier than the organic part, we were asked to group in two and do two different sets of experiments and then, we share the results with the other two person. So, Carmen and I in a group with Zhao Ying and Winny in a group. So, we chose the sets of experiments which we want to do and we did the experiments but Zhao Ying them just did one of the experiment and copied the senior's report for the rest. I can't blame them as well because we have different views in doing lab. All they want is just to copy and finish early while me, on the other hand, want to do it properly and with my own results determine the actual rate constant. I have to admit, with the senior reports are much easier for us to do the lab, which help us in all those calculations stuff. But not the results. If not, why are we in the laboratory?? This situation has been happening throughout the whole semester. I have been trying to tolerate since the beginning of the lab and I hope my tolerance will be good enough to tolerate one more last lab.. God, help me. I need Your strength.

Is my fault also to feel tense and stress when people around me is finishing while I am still doing the experiment. Or else I would still be finishing the whole experiment by myself in the lab rather than just copying the answer that they given me. I guess I have that kind of feeling because I used to finish the earliest in Curtin Miri lab during my foundation. I need to change this. But how?? Next week is already my last chemistry lab. Haiz. Haiz. Haiz.

One more thing is the lab instructor today. I really get pissed off with the lab instructor who keep rushing us to finish the whole thing and cleaning all of the beakers when it was just 4.30 when our lab is supposed to finish at 6! I really hate people rushing me doing things.

2 comments:

Poly Jr. said...

Haha cool down, princess. Well, these kinda things happen all the time. Even i'm lazy sometimes at doing labs and just copy off sumone faster than me for the results. The point of doing the labs is to learn the process of getting the results not the results itself so people who wanna learn the process will do it properly so its a bonus for them while people who are impatient like me tend to do it half way and then just get the result but the important thing is that everyone finishes it without getting left behind eventhough some might use methods that u disagree with. Guess you will have to change your mind set a bit or else u wont be able to accept the differences in people ya? Life's all bout having fun and if they wanna do things their way just let them as long as u do your part well ^^

Anonymous said...

hey. sorry to hear about that man. why didnt you tell us so? then we'd know mah. dont so pek chek ok. we still love you!