Thursday 23 August 2007

Peggy's 18th Birthday

Last two week, we celebrated Peggy's and Angelica's birthday. We went to Happy Meal for dinner and went to Ruby Room (Club in Burswood) after that. Angelica did not join us because she was moving into a new house, quite a lot of moving tasks left behind, so she need to go home early.

It was my first time to be in a club that night. Not a bad experience. It was totally out of what I expect from a club. I used to think that a club is a smokey place, full with "bad" people who smoke and drink, "dangerous" place especially with drunk people. But when I went to Ruby Room, I knew I was wrong. In fact, it was quite a nice place, just too crowded with people dancing, because it was Saturday night. No smoke, no drunk people. Maybe it is just different with most Malayia's clubs. The police here is quite strict. They need to check your passport before letting you in. There is one girl who could not get in because she has not reach 18 years old yet and is a Malaysian because I saw her red passport. How ashamed is that, spoiling Malaysia's name! Had vodka + red bull there. I like the drink, but did not know what does it call. Zhao Ying ordered for me. My first time drinking red bull as well. I used to think that "red bull" is bad for health, is some kind of beer, so it won't taste nice. But seems like I am wrong again. I saw a signboard showing that the bar would not sell liquor to anyone who is almost drunk. No wonder I did not see any drunk people that night.

Left Ruby Room at 12am, following Zhao Ying back. Zhao Ying called her bf come to pick us early because I need to go to church the next morning, tho I want to stay longer. =P It was just starting by then. But anyway, I know I need to leave. Enough for the experience. Thanks for being understanding, Zhao Ying. Evette went to another club, Metro. She left before us. Then, Zhao Ying and I left the club, leaving behind, Winny, Peggy, Batsie(Peggy's sis), John, Kelvin, Ravi and Fido. Ben came around 1am.

The next morning, Stella knew I went clubbing last night and she pulled me aside before the service started. She asked me a question "Is it wrong for a Christian to go clubbing?". Well, me, being the core member is meant to be answering questions regarding on Christianity issues, but I was stunt by that second. Luckily, Joanne, my cell leader just passed through us. So, I got her and asked her that question. She answered club is a place where there are a lot temptations to sin, but if you can avoid from sinning, as long as you still keep your Christian virtue, it is not wrong. Thanks for the answer, Joanne.

In Happy Meal, before the dinner.










Evette, me, Zhao Ying











Batsie (Peggy's sis), Peggy, Evette, Sheron, Zhao Ying, Winny














Finished dinner. After John came back from checking out with the Baskin Robbin













Fido, Ravi, Kelvin, Peggy, Winny in Ruby Room

The presents we got for Peggy

















Pinafore

















Turtle neck blouse

No comments: